Liver resection

• 2 replies
  • 25 subscribers

So today I have been to see the liver consultant who says I have a 3.5cm tumour in my liver which has metastasised from my breast . He says they are going to operate and take it out . He then says I ll be closely monitored and may not need any drug therapy except the anastrazole that I already take....at least for now .

Has anyone else had a liver resection ? I was expecting ablation but he says resection is the best option for me  

Gill xxx 

•  

Hi Gill

I don't have any experience with a liver resection but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

You might also find it helpful to join and post in the secondary liver cancer forum if you don't get any replies to your question here. I've included a link to that group if you want to join.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thankyou ,I ll do rhat now xxx