New here

• 2 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hello guys, so i have been diagnosed yesterday with metastatic breast cancer i had adenoid cystic carcinoma in my breast in 2020 lumpectomy 8 rounds of chemotherapy 2 weeks of radiotherapy bish bash bosh thought that was it until this summer when thought I had acid reflux kept guzzling gaviscon to no avail then in October my pee turned really dark thought oooh might be a bit dehydrated but it persisted then my poop turned really pale then a couple of days later the jaundice set in I was under the "2 week referral" rule waiting for a ct scan hadn't heard anything so rang the dept and the receptionist said I was looking at more 5 to 6 weeks for the scan that afternoon my sister and best friend scooped me up and took me to AE where the took loads of blood tests got ct scan next day and found the cancer had come back to my liver but was obstructing my bile duct had 2 ercp procedures to fit stent to clear the bile yesterday had consultation with oncologist who said as it stands there is only one option for chemo if I have a specific gene but depending if my liver can cope with it sorry if this is a bit long winded look forward to hearing from you guys as being in a forum with people who are going through the same emotions and treatment will help me  xxxx

• Hello Chantzy1

Welcome to the Secondary breast cancer group. I am very sorry to hear that you have had a diagnosis of secondary breast cancer after already going through treatment back in 2020. 

I had a different type of cancer to you so I hope you do not mind me responding but I noticed that you had not yet had a reply. Hopefully by me doing so it will bump your post and someone with similar experiences will see it and respond. 

I am sorry that in the end you needed to go to A+E to be able to have the necessary tests done. I hope that you are not too uncomfortable after having the stent fitted and that it helps. I hope that you will find out about the chemo soon and can have a treatment plan put in place. 

In the meantime if there is anything you need then please do ask. If you feel talking things through with someone would help, then please do give the Support Line a call. The details are at the bottom of this and they are lovely on there.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hello Jane thank you so much for your message it means alot Blush xxx

chantzy1v