Suspected secondary cancer in liver

• 2 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Hi. Not a great read!
7 weeks ago I was diagnosed with invasive lobular breast cancer stage 2. I was told I would have a breast reduction then  radiotherapy. I was then called back to have another MRI and CT scan. I was then informed they suspected that the cancer had spread to my liver. I have to have a blood test and a biopsy. If confirmed then my treatment plan will be decided. Saying I feel anxious is a total understatement. I am totally devastated anc can’t get the fear of dying out of my head. I can’t sleep and all I can think of is how is my husband going to cope. I have gone into planning my end. I am sure this is normal but the waiting for the results and plan is horrible. I can hardly get out of bed but am putting on a brave face for everyone else. 

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that after being diagnosed with breast cancer your hospital team now think that it may have spread to your liver.

I'm not a member of this group but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier for the other group members to spot it.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello, I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer in 2019 it had spread to my Liver and Lungs! I got the news in December and honestly thought that would be my last Christmas! However after 12 weeks of chemo and then I went onto hormone treatment which really suited me and was on it for just over 3 yrs. Now I’m waiting for PET Scan results as my Liver markers have started to go up! Hope you know a bit more now, but try and stay positive as there is so much treatment now. Take care Karen x