Feel really alone

• 3 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Anyone else having this:  Feeling alone and yet unable to connect?  It's like I am in a bubble.  Was diagnosed stage 4 a few weeks ago after CT scans, Bone scan and MRI.  In a way I am not surprised cancer has come back, but what it means now for my life is so uncertain, and actually I don't know yet what it means.  Have started Ibrance/Anastrozole and starting Zometa soon.  Also have chronic fatigue, osteroporosis, Hashimoto's and Depression. Right now, I have lost motivation again to do anything, I had started learning the concertina and it's sitting there now, gathering dust....

• So sorry to hear you are feeling like this.  When I was first diagnosed I could hardly eat anything and lost a lot of weight.  I just wanted to be in bed.  My friends and family said I was very introverted and not myself.  However, gradually things improved.  I grew stronger and began to feel a bit better, put a bit of make-up on and earrings in and gradually returned to my more or less usual self.  I still feel down sometimes and cry but on the whole do feel much more positive.  My life has changed and I do not have the energy I had and cannot get about like I did.  I do hope you will start to feel better.  Spoil yourself and try to speak with one of the MacMillan nurses who are very supportive.  Many hugs Suexxx

• Hi Ceili

I feel exactly as you today and I understand the bubble feeling. I have taken up diamond art available from Craft Buddy, which are framed pictures. I cannot walk far so this takes my mind off things and when finished a sense of achievement. I also like audio books they help me relax when I am in pain and cannot sleep

Somedays I can just stare into space and the day is gone. I have suffered depression for many years and the only thing that helps me is getting outside when it’s nice. My cancer was diagnosed last year but I am still trying to deal with my stage 4 diagnosis.

I am sending you a hug because I know how much I need one sometimes. Good luck with your future treatment

Annie

• Hi Annie, for me it's gardening that gives me that sense of achievement you are talking about.  Before being ill, I had a lot of sense of achiement/purpose/usefullness, and now the struggle is to see what I can still do the way I am now.  It's like redefing who I am, without letting cancer be who I am, if that makes sense.  It's tough, isn't it.  I can relate to your staring into space, or a screen maybe.  Where are you at in terms of dealing with your diagnosis, has it changed for you over the past while?  ...Hug received and sending one right back to you, too.  Christine