Secondary breast cancer in the lungs: how to cope?

• 2 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hello,

I thought I had introduced myself, but cannot see the post so here I am again.

I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer at Christmas - 20 years after my initial diagnosis (I am now 60). I never thought it could come back after so long, but then I was lucky to have had that long. I have metastasis in my lymph nodes and lungs - a pleural infusion that needs to be drained a few times a week. Anyone else has that? I am on ongoing oral chemo (Letrozole and Pabociclib), which makes me tired and gives me very dry skin, but so much better than the FEC chemo I had in the past.

I try to focus on all the little pleasures every days still bring  and could cope if I didn't have that huge shadow pressing over me: the knowledge that  I am living on borrowed time, that I don't know how long I have. I gives me vertigo. I have no idea how to process that information and how to live with it. How is it for you? How do you cope?

At least spring is here...

• Hi 

The knowledge that you're living on borrowed time must be a very difficult thing to process and I don't have any answers for you. You might like to take a look though this very uplifting thread that's been started called positive secondary breast cancer stories.

You might also like to join the living with incurable cancer group where you can chat to others to find out how they cope. Please don't think for one minute it's a sad group as they talk about all sorts of things including making the most of their life as well as how they cope.

If you think that joining the group would be helpful clicking on the link I've created will take you there. Because the group is only for people with an incurable diagnosis your membership has to be approved so, as it's a weekend, that might not happen until tomorrow.

Sending a ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Thank you very much, Will do.