Fulvestrant and nerve pain

• 2 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi All

I am experiencing nerve pain and numbness in my left hip/buttock. Spoke to my oncologist today and he said next  time I have to have both injections in the other hip.

Anybody else experienced the same? Did it get better?

Thanks in advance

Cathy

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read about the nerve pain your experiencing, which must be very unpleasant.

I'm not a member of this group but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I hope it gets better soon

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

Sorry to hear this and how long does it last?

Do you know I have had some numbness but put it down to bad hip that side and hadn't said anything. I just didn't put the injection and numbness together because it didn't happen straight away. Been on treatment for over 3 years. What I have had is really bad reaction on the injection site itching etc which happend for a few months and stopped. Another friend had the same reaction and then it stopped.  We put it down to a change of suppliers of drug and the ingredients?  Whether that is correct or not I have no idea.

I wonder if they are injected in the correct location/ area? It seems to have changed for me with different nurses?

I hope your situation improves and keep me updated.