Fatigue

• 2 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi,

Can anyone give me some tips on how to manage fatigue? Would you recommend any particular supplements etc?

I’m so tired all the time and hate feeling like this.  

many thanks 

• HI Bailey123

I am sorry to hear that you are having fatigue and I can understand how much it can affect you day to day.

I have had a lot of fatigue both during and after my cancer treatments. 

Have you spoken with your CNS about your fatigue? I would think that this would be a good first step so they know how much it is bothering you and they can also look at any medication you are on and to see if this is a factor. They may well be able to suggest some supplements that you can take that won't interact with any current treatments you are having.

I have been taking Vit B12 which helped me but I did have to check first that it was ok and I also take a general multi vitamin and mineral. 

Have you had your bloods taken recently? I wonder also if this may be an idea- I had times when I had very low haemoglobin and also issues with other blood markers and fatigue was one of the symptoms.

The other thing to maybe talk through with your CNS is how your diet is as this can make a big difference. I know when I was having treatments and did not fancy eating or when I had tummy problems I felt a lot worse and more tired. 

How is your mood? There were times during my cancer journey where naturally you feel a bit low and I found during those times I did feel more tired. Then I would get out of routine, sleeping, eating etc and it would sort of snowball.

Hope this helps a bit and hope your CNS can make some suggestions and offer support. You are also very welcome to give the Support Line a call if chatting things through with one of the nurses would help.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Bailey123

Sorry to hear that you a feeling tired all the time. Are you drinking plenty of fluids as that's supposed to help with fatigue?  Also if you can try and get out for a walk everyday even if only for a few minutes.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge