Lobular breast cancer

• 3 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hello everyone

How you all doing this morning ?

I wondered if any of you have lobular breast cancer ? I am reading about how it reacts and responds differently to ductal . I ve also been looking at the ROLO  trial which is specifically looking into the targetted treatment of lobular secondaries . Its all very encouraging rhat there are new research programmes happening all the time x

Are you ladies wirh lobular having anything different in terms of treatments ?

Gill xxx

Tomorrow is another day !!

• Hi Myrasgirl welcome to the forum. I hope that you dont mind me commenting on your post, but do you or have you had breast cancer and want information re this or other trials? As I said I hope that you dont mind me asking but I am just unclear what your post is asking?

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Hey x 

Yes I had my first diagnosis in 2015 x it is lobular and I ve just been diagnosed with a single metastasis in my liver x 

I have read about the different behaviour of lobular and wondered if anyone has been receiving any different drugs because of this ? Also interested in any research  going on into lobullar secondaries  x 

Sorry to confuse

Gill xxx 

• There is a Lobular website think it's American lots of info and research.

Haven't been on the  site for a while..

America seems more advanced about Lobular cancer .

They believe Lobular cancer should be treated differently to Ductal cancer.

Whereas here we are treated the same as Ductal.

I developed  secondaries not long after I finished my treatment for breast cancer.

Ask your Oncologist about any trials.

I'm on Ribociclib  Letrozole  and IV Zometa.

My last few 3 monthly scans have been stable.