Phesgo

• 7 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Is anyone on this treatment and how long for? Hoping for some positive stories. My anxiety is through the roof right now. 

• Hello Lindz

I hope you do not mind me responding to your post as I had a different type of cancer to you. By doing so it will bump your post back to the top and hopefully someone who has been treated with Phesgo will see it and be able to offer you support. 

I am sorry to see that you have been having treatment for breast cancer and it is natural to feel anxious. If it would help to chat things through with someone then please consider giving the Support Line a call. The number is at the bottom of this and they are lovely on there. 

Hopefully someone will now see your post but in the meantime I have found some info on Phesgo that may help and will pop a link below.

Trastuzumab and pertuzumab | Macmillan Cancer Support

Wishing you well for your continuing treatment

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thank you for your replay Jane. Hope your okay xxx

• Hello

I have Triple Positive B/c with liver mets and have just completed my chemo last week ( 4 x 3 weekly EC and 12 x weekly Paclitaxel) I have also completed 4 of 18 three weekly cycles of Phesgo. I have to say that I have had this along side the Paclitaxel, which as I mentioned above i had weekly so that it was more tolerable for my body, as I am unable to tolerate the Filgrastin injections to boost my Neuts & WBC. Whilst I have still had side effects from both, I have found that I am just more fatigued the week I have Phesgo. I am now on a month off all treatment, as my oncologist wants me to have a break, whist my latest scans results are written up and discussed at the MDT, before my review on 20 October. Is ther anything in particular that you are concerned about that I may be able to answer for you? Obviously I can only speak from my experience and we are all different and will have different reactions/ side effects? Please ask away! Sending you a huge hug xx

• Hello Lindz, 

I have secondary breast cancer spread to the liver and her2 3 pos

I’m on my 4th chemo, I have good days and bad, but I allow my bad days it’s good to let it all out, I’m hoping the phesgo is easier than the chemo.

I just wanted you to know you are not alone and lean on those around you, they are stronger than you think. 

hope your doing better HeartsHearts

• I have been on phesgo for 3 years! Diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in my spine, thorax and pelvis had 6 rounds of docatexel and phesgo , I am now continuing with just phesgo every 3 weeks injection and denunosab injection every 6 weeks. All scans to date have been stable, only side effect I get is itchy skin on my arms sometimes.

So stay positive and I hope your results are good too x

• Hi Lindz, I have been on Phesgo through my chemo and afterwards every three weeks now for 2 years. I have scans every 4 months and so far it is working well. I hope this gives you some positivity.

• Hi I am on very similar treatment to you except for the denunosab and interestingly I mentioned to my oncology pharmacist about the itching in my arms and she didn’t relate it to phesgo. Sending positive vibes xx