Ribociclib and abnormal ECG

• 7 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi,

I was diagnosed 2 months ago with stage 4 er+ breast cancer (7 and a half years after my original diagnosis) in my bones and liver, the first treatment I’ve been put on is Ribociclib alongside Letrozole, yesterday I had an ECG and bloods (2 weeks into my first cycle of Ribociclib), my ECG came back bordering on the abnormal and today I’ve been asked to stop the Ribociclib and they will take another ECG in a week and decide what next. Has anyone had this experience with the ECG?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that your ECG has come back "bordering on the abnormal" so I can understand how anxious this must make you feel.

I haven't had this experience but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier for others to see it.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could pop something about about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I hope you get some replies to your question.

I'm on Ribociclib and have ECG done.

I've not had any problems so far.

The team have to keep you safe while on this drug.

That's why they monitor your heart.

I'm into my 4th month no heart problems but other side effects which are not nice.

I hope your team can work out a plan for you.

Maybe try a different drug.

I know you will be feeling upset about what has happened and disappointed. 

Doreen x

• Hey hi Circej 

I had breat cancer 26 yrs ago but retd 2 yrs ago stage 4  I’ve been on letrozole n herceptin for about 20 months but my infraction inj — to do with heart scan— came back with results stopping my treatment so I can sympathise with you 

have you been back in touch with your nurses et ? 
    try be pos I do know it helps despite how low we get ThumbsupThumbsupSparkling heartSparkling heart

• Thank you all for responding. 

A week later I had a second ECG that came back normal but my neutrophils were too low to restart Ribociclib, however Mondays blood test came back with Neurophils in the normal range so I restarted Ribociclib on Tuesday 

• Great news Slight smile

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• So glad results are now okay and you can restart treatment.

I'm still having horrible side effects but 3 month scan shows no growth in tumours which is great .

Doreen

• Thank you, sorry you’re having horrible side effects but very happy to hear there’s been no growth.