Itchy skin from phesgo

• 12 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Is anyone else suffering with this ? My forearms get really itchy especially in the evening , hospital has prescribed epimax cream but this does not work , I am trying taking over the counter one a day antihistamine tablets but again don’t seem to do anything! Apart from this I have no other side effects but I am finding this harder to control.

• Hi  

I haven't had this drug, so don't have any experience to share with you, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier for people to spot.

I hope you're able to find something soon that relieves the itching.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I’m on phesgo and suffer the same on my arms to the point where I’m making them bleed through itching xxx

• Yes I make myself bleed too ! I am finding that if I take an antihistamine tablet at first start of itching it works - I’ve also got some pawpaw cream which I got from Aldi which is really good , but they don’t seem to sell it anymore! Failing that I’ve been filling a bag with ice cubes !!

How many phesgo injections have you had ? I’ve had 45 and wonder if it’s the amount building up as I never had itching in the early ones.

• I’ve only had about 12 injections up to now and my itching only started after my 10th it looks like I’ve got acne on my arms lol xxxx

• I have had 4 of 18 cycles of Phesgo, unfortunately I haven't experienced this side effect personally, but if you are still struggling then I would definitely speak with your care team to let them know and see if there is anything else they can do to help?

• Thank you for responding to my post, I e been prescribed antihistamine tablets and cream xxx

• Hi guys,

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in. I found this thread while searching for relief for my mother in law who is suffering the same symptoms as you guys from her Phesgo treatment. Did you find anything that did the trick?

Thanks for any help

• My itching seems to be not so bad at moment but I recommend paw paw ointment - it’s natural and very soothing - Aldi used to sell it but I found some in b and m bargains and you can get it online. Hope this helps - best wishes to your mother in law 

• Hi I was on Phesgo for 9 years firstly as an infusion then it was changed to a subcut injection. I too had incredible itching from this drug and would make my arms bleed repeatedly. The only medication that worked for me personally was Gabapentin a low dose of 100mg 3 times a day together with the antihistamine Fexofenadine max dose 180mg I a day. Hope this helps! Good luck. 

• Thanks for that - I am interested that you have had phesgo for 9 years - are you still on this treatment? That’s a long time but obviously proves it’s working ?