Her2 positive breast cancer

• 3 replies
  • 26 subscribers

• Hi, it can be really demoralising when the chemo isn't showing the results you might expect, but we all react differently.  My personal experience was quite a large shrink at the first ultrasound and then more or less no reduction after the second ultrasound, which was really disappointing. However, when I finally had surgery, there were no active cancer cells left, so chemo had worked it's magic.  We all react differently to chemo and it sounds like your mum still has 1/3 of her treatment to go so hopefully that will see a more positive reduction.  Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Thanks Irish girl… amazing to hear your results. Means a lot to get your message today, my mums having a bad one with the side effects today but guess to be expected as this is number 11… hopefully soon 12th session will be done and then we will get a more significant response… thanks lovely xx

• Hi, sorry your mum's having a rough day, but she's almost through the chemo.  For me everything else was easier after that, so I hope she gets past this phase soon and without too much discomfort. It must be difficult to watch from the sidelines, I know my husband felt quite helpless when I had a bad day.   Take care x

Community Champion badge