Stopping fulvesyrant/palbociclic starting new

• 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Is it usual to feel totally washed out when taken off one treatment and waiting to start another? I have to choose between paclitaxel and capercitibane. I am sleeping badly and quite frankly I am scared stiff that whatever I choose will be rhe wrong decision

• I can't help because I don't know these drugs but just wanted to say hello and let you know you are not alone, I hope someone can answer your question maybe put it in another forum? Best wishes x 

• Hi Dillonsmum,

I know it is rubbish having to change meds particularly when it means going onto chemo. But tbh you are probably going to be treated with both of these beauties at some point, so don’t get too uptight about which order you do it! We all know that meds stop working sooner or later. 
    the big advantages of cape are keeping your hair and taking it orally; there are of course always downsides too. Lots of women on the forum seem to cope with either. You know your history and can make the right choice for you. 
    I hope whatever you go for it is effective and bearable 

mary Fingers crossed tone1

• Thanks for that. I imagine all treatments are scary until you start taking them. I had e-cmf for primary 14 years ago, fulvestrant/pablociclib for 4 cycles finishing last week, and now facing a choice. I know I felt pretty apprehensive both times, but both were do-able in the long run.