MBC Liver mets

• 10 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Hi, I’ve got MBC ER+ with bone mets.  I’ve been on Letrozole and palbo and it’s been good for a year however my latest scans show bone mets stable but tiny lesion on my liver.  I don’t know what my treatment options are for that but I’m worried.  Reading Dr Google liver mets are not great news.  Has anyone experienced the same and had treatment.  I’m guessing the palbo isn’t working?  Thanks 

• Hi , please don't consult Dr Google he really isn't very good.  Information on the internet is often wrong or outdated so stick to sites like MacMillan or NHS etc.  Positive stories aren't talked about very much because that's just the way reporting works its not as interesting and there isn't as much to say or write about.

The lesions they are seeing could very easily be nothing, scans show up everything and a lot of things tend to be nothing to worry about.  I won't tell you not to worry because I'm sure that's going to be impossible.  It's normal for us to worry and assume the worst.

What you can do if you want information is maybe join the secondary liver cancer forum by clicking HERE  MacMillan also has some information on it HERE 

But do remember that at this point you are imagining the worst and that chances are it's all fine - really hope it turns out to be good news for you x

• Hi, thanks for replying.  The lesions are cancer I’ve had an MRI and it’s been confirmed.  I was hoping to hear from people with similar experience.  I know you’re right about Google but it does seem that liver mets have a poor prognosis?  Thanks A

• Hi AliWtem

I was diagnosed straight to secondary in March this year with mets in liver, spine and pelvis. 

I'm currently on ribociclib, letrozole, zoladex and Denosaumaub. Up to now its still working and I've had quite alot of shrinkage with this combo. I had a telephone appt with my oncologist today and she said there are lots of treatment options for ER+. I don't know exactly what they are but I'm sure there will be something for you to try.

Like you I googled liver mets and it was scary to read. Since starting treatment in March I have been getting better and better with lots of shrinkage in the liver so I'm sure your next treatment will resolve it especially as it is only a tiny lesion.

Good luck

X

• Hi Daisy,

Thanks for your message.  I am on same combo for past 13 months and also had significant shrinkage the liver spot is new so it’s reassuring to hear you had liver mets and doing so well.   A x

• Hi Ali, I've got the same as you with less pronounced bone mets - mainly it's in the peritoneum. But the reason I'm replying is that I've just had the same experience - on palbo (with fulvestrant as the hormone blocker rather than Letrozole) and MRI has identified small lesions in the liver after 18 months, I'm about to start chemo (Eribulin - Intravenously - one injection a week, 2 weeks in 3). There are lots of treatment options available but this may be one that you'll be offered. I had chemo early on in 2016 (Paclitaxel) and I think if you are in reasonably good health otherwise it will be manageable. Fingers crossed for you anyway.

F x 

Fran x

• Hi Fran, I really appreciate you taking the time to message me, this is very reassuring.  Like you I’m a keen walker I have a dog and find it really therapeutic and I feel so well!   I was concerned about “what’s next” as well as running out of options.  Intravenous chemo seems so scary but it seems you’ve taken everything in your stride and I will try to do the same. Thanks again Axx

• Hi   I have MBC with mets in liver, lungs and bones.    I started treatment on palbociclib and letrazole until it stopped working after about 18 months.   I then moved on to everolimus and exemestane for about the same time until I had significant progression.   Both these treatments were quite doable.    I have now started on chemo tablets - capecitabine and am hoping for a good result.   Try to be positive and remember there are lots more treatments for MBC.

• Hi Patti, thanks so much,  this is all so hopeful that there are such a variety of options available.  I haven’t had my Oncology appointment yet so now I feel prepared.  I’m neither positive or negative, just getting on with life.  It’s early days for me so this is my first progression after the initial scare! Really great to hear from ladies doing well.  Thanks again I’m feeling much less anxious now after these messages  Axx

• I am not a medical person but my wife is struggling with MBC to liver and bones. 

Palpo I think is decided based on HER2NEU and ER/PR

Please get required tests before deciding 

God bless

You will be alright