Which one?? 1) Weekly Paclitaxel 2) Oral Capecitabine 3) Everolimus + Exemestane

• 3 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Hello,

My mum has breast cancer that has spread to liver. She was having fortnightly chemo injections (apologise I can’t remember the exact name of treatment). Unfortunately that hasn’t made much difference. She has been offered three new treatments and I am wondering if anyone has an experience or advice on which one to go with?? 1) Weekly Paclitaxel 2) Oral Capecitabine 3) Everolimus + Exemestane

Thank you 

• Hi , I didn't need chemo so don't have any experience of these but as no one has responded to you I thought I would suggest that you try posting on the current breast cancer chemotherapy group HERE and hopefully someone on there might now.

I would have thought that your mother's medical team would be the best placed people to ask on which one would be best for her specifically. 

Hope you get the information you need for your mother to decide. x

• I was on capecitabine but it sadly stopped working effectively after 10 months. I'm now taking Everolimus and exemestane. So far have had fatigue and sore mouth but that is improving. Will need to wait for scan next month to see if it's working. 

• I had all three of the treatments you mention - first cape, then e/e, then paclitaxel. You could ask your oncologist for clearer guidance on which might be the best (first?) choice. Also ask whether she can have the others when her first choice stops working. Good luck.