Less frequent oncology appointments

• 6 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi,

I’m 9 months into my secondary diagnosis (mets to bone).  I’ve tolerated the meds pretty well.  Just a few times issues with my liver with the palbo.   Anyway, I now have been informed I’ll only speak to a member of the Oncology team every other month.  It’s used to be every month. 

I feel like I’ve been cut lose.  The secondary nurse says it’s because I’m doing well and need less “watching”. 

Does this sound about right?   Thanks x

• Hi AliWtem

I think it is very positive news that they only want to speak to you every other month, instead of monthly. It shows they are confident in your treatment. If you do have any worries at any time, you can always contact your secondary nurse, they are there to help if you have any concerns, no matter how small. 

Take care 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • It sounds like they are really happy with your progress.  I haven’t seen an oncologist for ages and have a monthly phone call so they can check on me and re issue palbo. I feel the same as you - a bit cut loose but I also think if they don’t want to see me that’s good!!

I may in fact be seeing them a it looks like palbo / letro has stopped working as well which is a shame as I’ve coped ok.  

if you feel you need to have more contact I’d have thought they can arrange it. X

Kalerules
  • I only speak to my onc when I've had a scan (about to change to once every four months but was every three months).  However, I do see a nurse every month when I go to pick up my tablets.  All the trusts seem to do something different but I'd see it as a bonus.

noswad1
    Where there's hope, there's life!
  • Dear Chelle,

that’s very reassuring thanks Pray 

• I’m really sorry to hear about  the palbo and Letrozole.  That must be a bit of a worry for you?  Thanks for the reassuring words and I do kind of feel it’s positive.  Thanks again Blush

• Thanks for this.  I guess the less hospital appointments the more we can all get our life back to normal and I do feel it’s positive but there’s a part of me that wants to feel constantly monitored in case the tablets stop working.  Silly I know.   Thanks A