Letrozole

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 26 replies
  • 273 subscribers
Hi

I've been on this for about a month as tamoxifen was making me sick. I have now started with fairly mild diarrhoea, which is bit inconvenient. Does anyone know if it just something I have to live with or will it settle down?
Thanks
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Wendy

So sorry to hear about the diarrhoea, hopefully it will settle down.  I've been on Letrozole for about 9 months and I had no diarrhoea problems but my cholesterol has gone up to 9!  It could be the Letrozole, because I've never had high cholesterol before.  I am absolutely anti statin drugs so I'm between a rock and a hard place.  I'm new to this site and dont know how to contact members.  I saw an old message from Janet.S, and was wondering how to contact her.

Good luck Wendy

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi

I'm new to the site so sorry can't help!

Wendy
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi there!

I think you can friend request on here and we can stay in contact :) x

Janet.S

• FormerMember

Hi,  Just a bit of info for newer members. If you wish further contact with any posters just click on their name (green text) and it brings up their profile window. There is a green button on there marked "Add as a Friend"

Click that and a friend request will be sent but has to be ok'd by them before you can start chatting one2one. Don't be offended if they do not ok it though as some are simply too busy, too tired, or just not up to to being more than casual users of Maccworld.

It's also partly the reason Macmillan ask members to add a little something about themselves to their profile page as it stops us having to second guess diagnosis and treatment etc when answering posts. Don't enter anything personal, just a brief intro  :-)

Best wishes,  George & Jackie.

• FormerMember

Thanks for the help, having a senior moment, jumping around on the site and not getting anywhere!

• FormerMember
    Hi i have been on Letrszole since early november,am getting aching joints etc,according to leaflet,all normal! I just hope it goes away! Also my cholesterol has gone up,so maybe Letrazole is to blame?
  • FormerMember

I haven't had my cholesterol checked but I will now after reading your posts!

I've been on Letrozole since July 2012 and I have gained nearly 1 stone in weight and am finding it really hard to get rid of.  Has anyone else gained weight?  Did you lose it?  I read that its impossible to lose when taking Letrozole but I really do want to stop gaining the weight.  Any ideas?

Thanks

x

• FormerMember
    I haven't got on the scales since taking Letrozole. I'm on my 4 th month. My main problem is my wrists and fingers are sore. I did notice during a discussion on tamoxifen there was a discussion about different manufacturers of the drug and the difference in the side effects. Has anyone noticed this with Latrozole? Last month I had a different make and feel that the side effects have been worse. I'm hoping that now I am back on the original make my symptoms reduce. I will add the question about cholesterol to my long list for my next meeting with my oncologist.
  • FormerMember
    Hi I've been on Lentrazole since December 2012 , my main problems are painful wrists and hands especially in a morning . I have also lost 58.5 lbs with weight watchers since January 2013 and I didn't fine it hard to lose the weight sorry I can't be of more help xx
  • FormerMember

Evening Alison, Yes, there are quite a few drugs companies now licensed to make Letrozole and the fillers can vary. The fillers are the substance in the tablets that are not letrozole (or tamoxifen), you will find that there are a number of different brands of letrozole. They will all have the same amount of active ingredient letrozole in them, but will also have other ingredients. These may cause side effects for some people, and so if you have side effects from one brand of letrozole, you may find you have different side effects from different brands. So if you find a brand that does give you side effects, then it is worth trying to get another brand. And if you find a brand that works for you, stick with it, and let your chemist know that that's the brand you want to keep having. It is all very much trial and error :-(

I found a thread about this topic on breastcancercare uk - You can find it here for a bit more info.

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Hormone-therapy/Letrozole-Tartrezine/td-p/670579

Hope this helps,  G n' J