EC and paclitaxal tips

• 2 replies
  • 271 subscribers

Hi all!

I am due to start 4 rounds of EC and then 4 of Paclitaxal this week. Does anyone have any tips to manage side effects etc? I am also going to try the cold cap even though I had originally ruled it out. 

Would appreciate some tips from anyone regarding these specific chemo drugs and also chemo in general please. 

• Hi  

I had 3 rounds of EC, one every 3 weeks, followed by 12 weeks of paclitaxel. I didn't cold cap so did lose my hair but it was growing back towards the end of my paclitaxel treatment.

My main side effects, other than losing my hair, was a loss of taste and feeling 'under the weather '. The latter would last for about the first 10 days of each cycle then I'd feel back to normal again. 

I did go out for a gentle walk each day, which I'm sure helped.

I got round the loss of taste by eating spicy things like curry or chilli and pineapple always tasted like pineapple.

I didn't have any side effects on paclitaxel.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much for your reply. Nice to know some specific symptoms I could get.