Wound opened up after lumpectomy

• 1 reply
  • 269 subscribers

I posted earlier this week with regards to a seroma that wouldn't stop leaking and now my wound has opened up. Infact there are two holes in it - one about a 1cm and another smaller one. I can see right into the tissue below and it is completely freaking me out! The nurses have checked it a few times and reassured me that it's totally fine and not to worry as there are no signs of infection and I have an appointment in 10 days time to get it stitched up (I think they want to leave it to try and settle and stop leaking before stitching again) But until then I have a wound management bag over it collecting the fluid. Has anybody else had this and can reassure me that it is normal?? Every time I do my exercises I think I'm opening it even more and so paranoid that it's going to completely burst open! Its really getting me down as just thought I'd be healed by now nearly 1 month post surgery! 

• Oh gosh that does sound both frustrating and I'm not surprised you are worried. I haven't had the same but I just wanted to say that I hope it improves for you and I'd suggest popping to see your GP, or the nurses at the surgery, if it continues to bother you,  or gets any worse, best wishes 

Community Champion badge