Letrozole - night time sweats

• 3 replies
  • 266 subscribers

Just wondering does anyone else suffer from insomnia and night sweats and …… no idea how to describe this, just before the sweats a weird sort of creeping sensation all over. Really not sure if that’s how to describe it. Anyway it seems to wake me up every night 2 or 3 hours after I’ve gone to sleep and then again at about 3am. Fantasising about a full nights sleep.

know it’s not a massively big deal - but I’m just a bit tired. And the problem being that once I’m awake at 3am I’m in an anxiety doom loop!

taking my tablet at night to avoid daytime aches (which so far seems to work). Wonder if I should try to take it daytime? 

thanks all

• Morning.  I also suffer from insomnia, I go to bed each evening at the same time and after falling asleep am wide awake 2 hours later finding it hard to get back to sleep. Was wondering if taking letrozole at night instead would help, any advice? Tia

• Hi I don't get the night swears but I don't sleep well at all at nights the joints aching is the worst , I did try taking the Letrozole at night but it made no difference , I have spoken to my BC nurse and they are now changing me to Anastrozole so will see if that makes any difference . I do hope you can find a way to help as I know how you feel and please let me know how you get on xx

• Hi

i take mine at night (aim - to avoid day time aches! Which tbf I don’t currently have). 

I did find an antihistamine I was taking for post radio itching my skin maybe helped a bit. Maybe I’ll try that again.

will let you know I if I come across any miracle cures. Have seen somewhere a mild anti depressant helps but would love not to take another daily drug!