Post mastectomy

• 1 reply
  • 265 subscribers

I had a unilateral tram flap mastectomy and reconstruction 3 weeks ago. I had 7 days in hospital and am now home. 

I was healing up OK and now have some leakage from my abdomen incision as well as my reconstructed breast. I contacted my surgeon and he said it's probably fluid build up which happens to some women after long surgery and  mine was 10 hours. He said and not to worry. I am seeing him tomorrow anyway so it can all be checked. 

I have also found out work will not pay me beyond 4 weeks off, talk about stressful. I am British but had surgery in the Philippines where I live. I live alone so this has been sooooooo hard. 

I have had my community surround me with food deliveries and treats, I have had two friends stay so I'm not always alone but I have no one constantly present. 

I'm feeling pretty low today... I know it it will pass. But I just wanted to say it somewhere. 

On a positive note my lymph nodes were clear so the cancer had not spread and I don't need radiotherapy or chemo. 

This is a tough journey. 

• Hi JintyJ

Sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with breast cancer and needed a mastectomy, but it's good to hear that you didn't have any spread to your lymph nodes.

Wishing you the best of luck with your appointment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge