Triple negative - positive comments please

• 5 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Hi diagnosed a month ago with triple negative and now 2 weeks post surgery for mastectomy.   High grade 3 - 8mm tumour with precancerous cells around it. no spread to lymph nodes, genetic testing negative.     Was diagnosed 24 years ago with hormone receptor tumour (same breast), chemo, radiotherapy, medication. etc   Have an appointment with oncology in 3 weeks for further treatment plan.  

The surgeon has booked my mammograms for the next 5 years and I keep thinking is that because I only have 5 years left!!

Anyone got some good news stories.  I am so frightened 

• Hi Southend

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with grade 3 triple negative breast cancer.  I  was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer nearly four years ago with lymph node involvement. I had chemo, surgery and radiotherapy and I made full recovery.  It's normal to have a yearly mammograms after a breast cancer diagnosis for five years.  Breast cancer is very treatable and many patients go on to live long lives after treatment.

Wishing you the best of luck with whatever comes next for you.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you.  Appreciate this xxx

• Hi Southend, sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis - it must be quite the shock especially if you've already been through the cancer mill some years ago. I can totally relate to how you're feeling - I was diagnosed with tnbc three years ago (grade 3, stage 2 & in 2 of 3 lymph nodes) and anything I read or saw about triple negative seemed like I had received an imminent death sentence. Much of what you see online is out of date though, so I would advise you to stay away from online info and focus on looking after yourself and your treatment plan. Three years later I am here, happy & healthy, and still fully clear of cancer - hopefully it will stay that way for many more years! x

• Hi Southend, I was diagnosed with TNBC in December 23. I had chemo first and now I’m 2 weeks post surgery (lumpectomy) my tumour was grade 3, and was 5mm before chemo, no lymph’s. I’ve got radiotherapy to have next. It’s been scary at times but I am feeling positive now, the follow up from the surgeon 9 days after my operation was that they had removed all the tumour and no more surgery required. He said just yearly mammograms now. It’s hard but there’s light at the end of that tunnel eventually, it’s been a long 8 months for me but I am getting there and so will you xx