Recently diagnosed with breast cancer

• 12 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Hi, I am 45 and recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I am so scared and feel like I can’t talk to anyone close to me in fear of upsetting them more than they already are.

• Hello Ange 2045,  I am sorry that you have to deal with a breast cancer diagnosis as it feels so very overwhelming especially at the beginning.  Your mind goes in all directions and the unknown is hard.  Once the doctors get all the information and talk with you about a plan it puts a perspective on things.  
    I was so much older when diagnosed 71 actually and I thought I would handle it pretty easily but even hard for me.  
    I know what you mean about not discussing things with those close to you but you may find that they will be a wonderful source of support.  
    Take care and so many young women on this forum will be able to help you.  A few good YouTube channels are Dr Liz O’Riordan and menopause and cancer with Dani Binnington.  I think I googled way too much for my own good but I am the type that wants to know everything.  
    Hugs to you .

Barbara 

• Hi Ange I'm 45 too and just been diagnosed and know exactly how u feel. I find talking to people not as close easier like some of my work colleagues. It's so hard seeing love ones upset and worried for you. It took me a while to tell my mum but they will support you. You can talk to me anytime and you will have plenty of support on here. 

• Thank you for the quick reply. Took me a little while to post anything on here. It is heartbreaking seeing my girls so upset and my husband seems lost and don’t want to upset them anymore. I have never felt so alone and it is hard

• Thank you so much for that information, I will take a look. 

love Angie

• I was diagnosed Wednesday and can't bring myself to tell my son and daughter for that reason. It will take time for them all to process it like it will with us. It's like living in a nightmare isn't it.  Do you have anybody else you can talk to ? 

• I was diagnosed a week gone Thursday, I am at hospital tomorrow for the magseeds implanted into the tumour and the cancerous lymph node in the armpit. Surgery on the 21st. I told my daughters the same day I was diagnosed and they have been great. Angry and upset at first but not so bad now, think that’s because they have seen me as calm as I have been. I think I am this calm as it is total shock and hasn’t really sunk in. Haven’t let any of my grandchildren know as they don’t need to know. 
    I don’t really have anyone else to talk to as I am in Scotland and my family are in England so just phone calls and FaceTime.

Angie

• Please keep me updated on how you are getting on 

Angie

• Anytime you want to talk will listen. Let me know how you get on tomorrow hope it goes OK. I have to have tests to see if I'm fit enough for chemo first which I'm really dreading then the surgery comes after. 

• Sending love and hugs, I am also here to listen if you need someone

Angie

• Hello Wave im 39 & a little bit further ahead from you in that I’ve had my surgery (mastectomy & auxiliary lymph node clearance). It does feel super lonely doesn’t it, and the things people say I mostly find don’t help me at all and make me feel shitter! Sending hugs & solidarity