Multifocal both IDC and ILC same boob same place MDLC

• 2 replies
  • 265 subscribers

Hi

Has anyone been diagnosed with multifocal breast cancer with 2 differnt invasive cancers in the same area of boob.

I haven't come across anyone so far.

I seen people with multifocal and multicentric with all IDC or all ILC or a mix of IDC and DCIS or ILC and LCIS but not with IDC and ILC.

I really struggling at the moment. I was diagnosed with a small 7-9mm IDC, had lumpectomy and it became 35mm IDC and ILC.

The lobular didn't show in the standard mamo, the tomosythesis mamo, the ultrasound nor in the biopsies.

I haven't had a MRI.

My consultant is point blank refusing to do any more checks until my 12 month check 3rd July next year.

He expects me to live the next 11 months without sleep worrying that there is lobular in other areas of the same bood or in the right one. I just can't do that, I can't function properly.

Sue x

• Hi, Im sorry to read this. I had a mixed tumour, the same as you. I was diagnosed with 34mm IDC, and opted for a mastectomy. The pathology report revealed that the tumour had shrunk to 9mm  following pre surgery chemo, but that it was originally mixed ILC and IDC. I was told by my surgeon that had they known beforehand (the ILC part had evaded all scans - including MRI - and biopsies), my treatment would have been no different. It was a shock though. 

• Thanks my original tumour was only 7-9mm so no need for any pre surgery treatment.

So there is no way they can say I am cancer free if they don't do further tests that work with lobular.

Sue x