New lump been referred

• 12 replies
  • 264 subscribers

Hi, I am 34 nearly 35. I found a lump around a month ago but was difficult to find and to me felt small (don’t know if I was feeling the edges it’s deep in the lower quadrants) I expected the gp to y she couldn’t find anything and send me on my way. However she immediately found a 3cm lump and I was shocked and just cried I wasn’t expecting this. I have been referred to the breast clinic. Doesnyone have a similar story? Now I’ve calmed down I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about but still worried

• Hi Eh58

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you might have breast cancer. Most lumps turn out to be benign but if it does turn out to be breast cancer it will be treatable and you medical team will do everything in their power to get you better.

i was diagnosed with  breast cancer last year in my right breast and after having a CT Scan they discovered another small lump in my left breast. I had surgery, chemo and radiotherapy and I am now cancer free.

Wishing you the best of luck with your appointment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou I found another one in same breast in bath last night but my appointment has come through already for Tuesday so not a long wait 

• Please can people tell me if their similar stories I’m thinking oh it’s ok yet constantly thinking what if it’s not I’ve had two checks in last 15 years but this time feels different Disappointed

• Hi, very similar to you. I'm 35, went to GP as breasts had been really itchy for a month or so. I just thought skin was a bit dry, maybe prescribe some cream, but upon examination, they found a lump in my left lower quadrant. As she was a trainee, a second doctor checked too and confirmed. I was, and still am, in shock. Have breast clinic appointment Tuesday. Never been before and am so scared.

• The doctors can treat most breast cancers. Even if it’s advanced many people get cured. Most lumps are benign. Good luck x

• Aww good luck Tuesday too! Let me know how you get on 

• Unfortunately on this site posters who get good news leave the forum so the replies you get are from those who had a BC diagnosis so this gives a one sided response.  If you click on any posters name their bio should give details .  Good luck x

• Thankyou I kind of thought that myself think everyone should respond good or bad x

• Been to the breast clinic this morning the doctor felt my breasts with not a lot of pressure said he’s not worried that I probably have lumpy breasts and sent me on my way no scan. I know I should be relieved but I’m very uneasy about it my gps notes from Thursday say 3cm palpable lump in the exact same place as a 0.5cm lump 3 years ago. Would you trust the clinic or ask for a second opinion? Thanks

• Hi Eh58,

I am sure your head is all over the place at the minute, but as you say try not to worry until you get the proper diagnosis.  If you feel you need to talk about, don't hesitate to ask for support, we are here to help.  

Sending you a hug.

Lady66h

Lady66H