Pain from axillary node clearance

• 2 replies
  • 253 subscribers

Hi all. Has anyone who has had anxillary node clearance after a week of no pain, it suddenly hurts under the armpit area. I had this over 2 weeks ago and for the last week the pain has stopped but suddenly today it’s started. Not sure if it’s due to the muscle being stretched as on the last set of exercises or whether it’s normal for the pain to come back. 

• Hello RKD

I hope you do not mind me replying as my cancer was endometrial. By doing so it will bump your post so someone experiencing similar will hopefully see it and reply.

I am sorry to hear that you are having pain in your armpit. Can I suggest that you give you CNS a call and ask about the pain. Hopefully they will be able to give you some reassurance about it.

Alternatively please do give the Support Line a call and speak with one of the nurses.

The details are below.

I hope the pain is settling.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi. I had the same issue when I had the sentinal node biopsy. There was pain and a burning sensation which the Dr put down to nerve damage. I am currently using a little cushion under the arm which helps with the irritation. My daughters made this for me.