Help me understand

• 6 replies
  • 269 subscribers

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, my wife has received some devastating news, and I’m struggling to find ways to stay positive for her or envision our future.

She has been diagnosed with TNBC and is undergoing a year of therapies (immuno and AC) followed by surgery in January. Despite this, a recent PET scan revealed rapid regrowth at the site of removal.

We’ve consulted with doctors, and she’s now on palliative chemotherapy (capecitabine). I’m grappling with the uncertainty of our future and how bleak it may seem.

We have a 3-year-old daughter, and the thought of my wife not being here to share in her schooling and other milestones is almost unbearable.

Has anyone else experienced TNBC and been prescribed these medications?

Or has anyone been on palliative care and ultimately recovered?

My wife is only 31, and she desperately wants to see our child grow up. I’ve tried searching for information online, but it’s challenging to find real-life experiences amidst the medical jargon.

Most sources only mention a lifespan of 3-12 months with palliative chemo.

Thank you all for any insights or support you can offer.”

I hope this helps convey your message clearly. My thoughts are with you and your wife during this challenging time.

• Hi  , sorry you find yourself here, I haven’t got the experience you seek but my reply will bump your post up and I hope you get some more useful replies. I would suggest looking at the breastcancernow website as I think they have a system of matching people to someone else with a similar case. Also, Future Dreams house in Kings Cross is a charity for anyone affected by breast cancer, including family and friends. Even if you’re nowhere near London, they offer online stuff too. I’ll try to post a link. 
    And MacMillan here have a helpline to phone and I’m sure they could help as well. Love and hugs, HFxx 

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • This is the link, I hope xx

https://futuredreams.org.uk/

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Hi Mr Power so sorry to read your post . A truly cruel world we live in . I just wanted to add to Happyfeet wonderful post the Breast Cancer now also have a phone line during week days . They are qualified Breast Cancer nurses and got me through some very difficult days . Particularly explaining some of the terminology that medics use . I had Chemo for 18 weeks met some lovely people  one lady in particular had been having palliative chemo for over 4 years . Also there is Secondary Breast Cancer forum on here as well . Might be of help .

Sending  love to you all . 

• I am so very sorry to hear about your latest update on your wife.  I live in Florida and we have dedicated hospitals that just deal with cancers.  Can you look into clinical trials for TNBC?  There is also a website called Cure that is wonderful and I have sent you the link https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.curetoday.com/view/subscribe&sa=U&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwi33JvPmo2FAxW4RjABHSBID7IQFnoECA8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3H2RDw79Ubqq8bW4XC4S6y

I pray that you and your wife find hope and treatments as there are maybe some newer therapies for TNBC that maybe available.  
    Thinking if you and your family.

Barbara 

• So sorry to read your post, I can't even imagine how tough this is for you all. Macmillan do offer some great support and you might want to give them a call, just to have someone to talk to outside your medical team, but with so much experience.  The number is 0800 808 0000. Maybe this helps a little.

Community Champion badge