since then i have had a body ct scan ,breast MRI and had to go and select a wig

im trying to be posative but im finding it hard 

my lump is 6cm x 3cm

2 lumps that have grown into 1

there is nothing in my lymph nodes

my oncologist appointment is still 20 days away 

my thought always comes back to the same thing 

IS IT TOO LATE 

will it have spead to be uncontrolable in 4 weeks  can some one give my any possative help please im struggling to cope on my own 

i do have family but i dont want to burden them with my dark thoughts 

• Hi GINNIEginnie

Welcome to the forum and I’m sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with TNBC. Breast cancer as a general rule doesn’t grow that quickly so the chances of it being uncontrollable in four weeks is unlikely. Also TNBC tends to respond well to chemo. I suggest that you ring your breast care nurse to have a chat with them about how you are feeling and see if you can get an earlier appointment with your oncologist

I was diagnosed with TNBC over three years ago and after having chemo, surgery and radiotherapy I made a full recovery.

Wishing you the best of luck with your treatment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you so very much for your reply you truly have made me feel alot better in my mind 

i will now go and fight this war 

• Hi. I've also been recently diagnosed with TNBC. A large lump and already in the lymph nodes Disappointed. Also had MRI and CT and select my wig next week. My picc line for chemo goes in next week and chemo starts the week after. I'm terrified don't know what to expect. I have 2 young sons so staying positive at home. 

I was also told breast cancer doesn't usually spread fast. Good luck 

• Hi

i I was referred on 9th January officially diagnosed with triple negative grade 3 on 7.2.24 had ct scan and bone scan which are clear got told today the bc nurse has done referral to oncology today so god knows how long it will take to see them I’m like you thinking it will continue to grow and all this waiting will impact 

• Mine is not in the lymph nodes but its now 7cm long 

its 2x3.5cm lumps that have fused together 

its the waiting and not knowing thats the hardest part 

my oncology appointment isnt till 27of march then who kniws when chemo will start 

• Its the waiting that makes it harder 

the dark thoughts take over when im alone at night and cant sleep the tears fall it just makes it worse 

• Hi,

I was told it was cancer in September, officially diagnosed with TNBC in early October. My lump basically appeared overnight and grew pretty fast within a month to around 6-7cm as well then it stopped getting any bigger - I had biopsies, scans, MRI and a PET scan and it hasn’t spread to lymph nodes - they are just monitoring one which looked a little swollen but came back negative.

I first saw my oncologist on Halloween and chemo started two weeks later. I had cycle six on Wednesday, so I have six more weeks left - I did 12 weeks of weekly chemo and immunotherapy and then moved to EC and immunotherapy for the remaining 12 weeks, I have now done two EC, so 2 left.

I will then have a mastectomy around May I assume. Despite having bloods back in October to test for BRCA gene, they still haven’t had results. If it comes back positive, they will take both boobs - which I am fine with as I would have them reconstructed.

I am too young to be going through this - I am 36 with two young children (4 and 6) but it is what it is, we just have to push through this and get to the other side - it’s doable - I tell you now, chemo isn’t as bad as I feared. Granted, at the beginning of each cycle, it hit me hard with sickness and tiredness but once I had some good anti sickness and learned that I had to rest, I could manage it with 2/3 days every three weeks knowing I wouldn’t be able to do much. With EC, I have been surprised that I haven’t felt sick and hoping it stays that way, EC seems to make me dizzy though for 3-4 days.

As for the dark place, I totally get it.  Even now, it’s easy to slip back there - I did only the other day. It’s so easy to accidentally read a negative story in the news, or let your mind wander to the what’s if’s - it’s natural. It’s going to happen, what we are going through is a horrible thing to go through but we are strong, we can do this and if we have some days when we cry, scream and say it isn’t fair - we are perfectly entitled to do so.

I am here if you want to talk!

• Like I have said above, I am in the same situation. I also have two young children, so it’s made this horrible situation even worse as you have to be strong and try to keep up appearances when you have younger kids as they don’t always understand.

You are at the worst part, the in between part - waiting for treatment to start - once you get going, you will feel more in control and like something is actually happening. People said the same to me before and I didn’t believe them, but it’s true.

I also haven’t found chemo as bad as I feared, it’s not great but it’s doable. You are also doing better than me as I couldn’t bring myself to get a PICC despite the fact it would have made things so much easier!

I have two more EC chemos left and I am finished with chemo then I will have surgery - which I keep being told, is the easy bit - let’s hope so!

• You are such a wonderfull and brave person 

i thank you for taking the time to explain it to me i see my oncologist on 27 march the very day my daughter gets married she wants to know what he said but i dont want to spoil her big day she has 2 beautiful girls and i dont want to spoil their big day

my neice has been a tower of strength she has been to every appointment with me 

i dont know know when chemo will start 

i wish you all the very best for you and your family stay strong my warrior queen

• Thanks so much for your reply. I'm 38 so also feel like this shouldn't be happening. Having the gene test in a few weeks also which is another scary thing to deal with. Good luck. I hope all goes well