Phesgo stopped after cardiac ejection scan

• 4 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Hi, I'm new to this group and hoped for a bit of advice and reassurance. I've completed my chemo and have just had my first round of 20 radiotherapy treatments for stage 4. My Phesgo has been stopped because my last cardiac ejection scan showed a drop to under 40%. I was so exhausted and felt rubbish that I was relieved to find that there was a cause for the way I was feeling. I read through the results of the Persephone trial after it was suggested that my Phesgo could be stopped early but am a bit anxious to do anything to increase my risk ( I was originally told my cancer was stage 2 but told last week it was actually stage 4). I would like to know if there is anyone with similar experience and what their outcome was. I have an appointment with my oncologist in 2 weeks but I'm trying to avoid going down the rabbit hole!! Thank you 

• Hi there, sounds like you're having a challenging time and it's so hard when things aren't clear.  I must admit I don't personally have the experience you are looking for, but I noticed your post hasn’t had any replies yet s the site is quite busy. My answer will bump you back up the group and I hope someone with a similar experience will be along soon.

I also wanted to say don't forget the lovely folks at Macmillan are at the end of the phone if you want to chat anything through with them, you can lol them on 0800 808 0000. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Hi KarenC24 - i don't know how to add a link but I've just been reading the thread named -

Herceptin stopped due to LVEF figures

Think it may give you some further insight?

Hope all goes well and the care, Zoe x

• Thank you Zoe, i asked some questions via the thread you mentioned but didn't get a response so thought I'd try starting a new thread. I'll have another read through to see if I can pick up anything helpful. 

many thanks

katen