Awaiting post surgery results and I need to calm down

• 5 replies
  • 267 subscribers

Hi wonderful ladies.

I was diagnosed with stage 2 lobular breast cancer - HER 2 negative 8mx6mx8m inbetween screenings.  I found a lump in right breast which was a cyst but whilst they carried out all full checks, found a suspicious mass in left which turnout out to be cancer.  So in a way I am very lucky.

I was diagnosed on Friday 19th Jan, had op on 14th Feb, and I may receive results tomorrow.  They are partially ready, just need signing off, so I'm preparing myself for the appointment.

I've been up and down as we all are on this journey, but had the added complication of my Mum being diagnosed with terminal cancer the week before, and my husband losing the plot with his mental health just after my op.  He is back on his medication now, and "back in the room supporting me" so that's one less pressure.

Anyhoo, I'm doing all the wrong things tonight, googling all sorts, and getting hyped up.  So thought I should post on here so you can tell me to stop and chill out :-) 

I keep telling myself that it's a very small cancer, and that my lymph nodes were clear on mammogram, ultra sound and MRI but I can't help but worry, and also worry that he hasn't managed to get it all out.

I don't know if I have a question, just wanted to share with this lovely community who I know will get it.

lots of hope to you all 

xx

• I meant 8mmx6mmx8mm lol - I told you I was paniking 

• Aw so sorry about your mum & your husband…hard to deal with that as well as worrying about you …x

i know what you’re going through re:results - had my op on Jan 24th & still waiting for results! They’ve been delayed for last 2 weeks .. trying not to get worked up about it but it’s hard not to start getting frustrated..!  I’m hoping they’ll be here by this Friday!! It’s hard to plan anything or think beyond them isn’t it!   Just try to relax & definitely don’t google!!!

good luck with everything.. fingers crossed for us both!

x

• Thank you, so sorry that you've had such a long wait.  Have you had any further updates?

I'm thrilled to shared that all the cancer is out.  No further surgery, or chemo, just radiotherapy.  I can't begin to describe the feeling of joy.

Wishing you all the best for your next steps xx

• That’s brilliant news!!!!! 
    no they were meant to be yesterday but another delay!   Fingers crossed for this week!

so glad you’ve got great news…onwards & upwards!!!

x

• Hope you have had your results and that your lymph nodes were clear get mine next Thurs and have been told similar but..  all of these reactions are natural... trying to keep calm myself lol. X