Talking to grandkids

• 1 reply
  • 267 subscribers

Hi I have had a single mastectomy 4 weeks ago and just started back swimming. I am small breasted so my black swimsuit does not look too "odd" and the changing rooms have individual cubicles so no issues changing

My daughter asked if I wanted to go swimming with the grandkids. There are 4 girls aged 9, 8, 5, and 4. This would mean a unisex changing room with no cubicles. 

I am after some advice on how to talk with the girls and how to be honest about my scar without frightening them. So they and I will be able to handle the changing room and questions as part of life going forwards.

• Hello SheWoodsHeart

how comfortable and confident are you about baring your scar to the world or a loved one. My husband saw my scar last night (after my 2 weeks post opt) and said, "it doesn’t really matter, some people have tattoos, you have a unique one.Heart eyes

Sometimes we try to protect our dear ones by overthinking but, they tend to take the lead from us, so stay positive, you have this covered by your courageous attitude. Sending you positive vibes your way.Revolving hearts