Diagnosed

• 6 replies
  • 268 subscribers

Hi 

I found a lump in October went to my doctor and given antibiotics, when that didn’t work I went to A&E another course  of antibiotics and a referral to clinic  I had mammogram and scan and was told it was an abscess another two lots of antibiotics. Two weeks later I went back scan again antibiotics appointment made for end of January. Over Christmas pain started didn’t feel right I rang the clinic and was saw just after new year, another Dr saw me and said biopsy . And gave me more antibiotics, on the 9th was told on my own it  TNBS. 

know I have had scans in lymph  nodes and gone to liver PET scan shown pelvis  was told this over the phone so now another MRI scan on my Pelvis. I was being positive  but I feel guilty upsetting my family and mad that I didn’t push at the earlier appointments can’t stop crying. I am starting Chemotherapy and immunotherapy on Tuesday  so scared. 

• Morning, someone else not sleeping, sorry to hear about diagnosis this cancer is scary. Its happening more now with people being told either on their own , or in my case driving home, you cant believe it can you. Keep the positivty please it will help you along this journey. I was diagnosed 20 years ago with breast cancer, unfortunatly i was also diagnosed 4 years ago with secondary bone cancer with spread spine, pelvis, and many more, cancer is nasty. Why do you feel guilty upsetting your family, you did not do it purpose, no one knows what is going to happen. Every single person on here would probably say the same, why didn't i push harder and get seen sooner but do you know what its not all that simple so don't beat yourself up about it. Good luck for next Tuesday with chemo and immunotherapy treatment. I am in fact going to see my oncologist this morning, about my cancer treatment as my cancer has gone rouge " whatever that means " so fingers crossed i will probably have to start a new chemo its all so scary. Dawn x

• Thank you why are nights always the worst! 
    I am normally positive but it’s one thing after another. I got a few hours sleep Sleeping and again I will put on my big girls knickers and start fighting again. I hope your appointment goes well today. Positivity will get us all through the bad days xx

• Hi Sal74

That’s a horrible experience you’ve been through but even if you had pushed harder it’s unlikely to have been a different outcome so don’t blame yourself. The big girl pants will come in very handy. Your positivity will get you through this. Sending hugs xx

• Thank you had a better day today and my MR scan is Sunday for my pelvis. So I’m grateful that they are moving fast. 

• Hi well new chemo starting next week. I have had a quick look at side effects but am trying to put out of my mind. Its much harsher than i thought but big pants on and lets give it a try. All the best for MRI on Sunday x

• Will keep you in my thought let’s keep a positive thoughts xxxxx