I cannot sleep

• 2 replies
  • 268 subscribers

Hi.  I received a diagnosis 10 days ago. Grade 2 IDC plus a 18mm papilloma that is borderline so they won’t know for sure if it is also cancerous until surgery. Waiting on a date for surgery. I am so tired though!!!  Can’t get a good nights sleep. I wake up several times a night and then once I am awake at sound 5 or 6am there is zero chance of me dropping off again because I can’t shut my brain off. If anyone has any advice or tips on how I can get some descent sleep I would be most grateful. I can’t concentrate on anything and have a permanent headache. Thanks x

• Hi  

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis.  I totally understand why you can't sleep - it's pretty much a usual theme for us when diagnosed, sadly.  It's realy hard because as soon as you wake you are full of worry and as you say 'can't shut the brain off'.

Maybe it would be worth speaking to your doctor to see if they can give you anything for your current insomnia?

In the meantime, here's a thread of all the other ladies that have the same difficulties if you want to chat to someone in the middle of the night as there's likely going to be someone on this thread around.

Kindest wishes, Lesley

Community Champion Badge

• Hi EvelynA

i completely understand your anxieties - the way I dealt was to not think about my health but firmly affirm and believe I am in good hands with my NHS doctors and they will do their best to make me better - staying positive and having positive affirmations is so important to prepare your body to receive the treatment in future - your body and your mind need to believe that there is hope and there is promise of good treatment options and time is your best friend - journal your anxieties before bed time - use a traditional pen and paper to write / that way you write down and allow your mind to empty its thoughts before going to bed 

conviction from within is the first medicine before any other physical treatment - go for walks in nature or do what makes you happy paint/cook/read/music - very important to prepare your body  to receive the treatment 

if you are a believer - then put your Faith in Him - for me my belief was my anchor through this storm and I am stronger at the end of the treatment - surgery, radiation and currently on hormone treatment 

my prayers and love - believe that Even this shall pass away 

love xx