Results delaying treatment plans

• 3 replies
  • 266 subscribers

I should have got my treatment plan last Friday, but got there only to find out they're still waiting on MRI results on my pelvis. I have stage 2 cancer in my left breast and a lymph node, but hopefully a mastectomy and chemo should get it all. The problem is a CT scan showed something on my pelvis, in the bone itself and they couldn't say for sure what it is. A bone scan didn't shed any light on it so off I went for an MRI, but it seems the results of that are now stuck in a queue! I'm trying to stay positive, it might not be cancer on my pelvis. But the uncertainty and waiting is starting to tell on me. I've been doing relatively ok since I was diagnosed in December but these delays are getting to me now. I'm constantly exhausted. And although the consultant assured me that the delay won't affect anything (like the breast cancer will spread), I can't help worrying. 

• The waiting is the absolute worst,  everything goes through your mind, I was called from routine mammogram back in early june, after numerous biopsies I was told it was cancer in beginning of August,  then a wait for mri and another wait for results.  I had my lumpectomy on 27th Oct last year and I started chemotherapy on Monday (as they found it in my lymph node).  I know it's hard but try to stay positive and keep as active as you can at the moment, it's a very worrying time but we have no choice other to trust them, I think the delays help in the long run as it ensures you get the treatment you need and they dont put you through anything unnecessary.  Sending you big hugs xx

• Thank you! At the start it sounded like things would happen really quickly, I was told it would be a matter of days between getting a treatment plan and starting chemo or having surgery, but in reality, you're at the mercy of waiting lists! I'll just keep everything crossed for answers this week. Hope your chemo goes ok. Xx

• Hi Tandy , I too am in a similar position,  due to start chemo but MRI Found 2 suspicious holes in pelvis bone but my bone scan was clear so now waiting on PET scan results so my chemo delayed. The waiting is absolutely awful and my heart goes out to you, I try to be positive and feel OK most of the time and the next I'm thinking shit what if I have secondary bone cancer!

Sending lots of love and hope you are not waiting too much longer xx