Choices

• 1 reply
  • 267 subscribers

I have  micropapillary invasive ductal Grade 2 primary cancer in my left breast which is oestrogen receptor strongly positive and 3 tumors in the lymph nodes.
I am so lucky to have an amazing surgeon and team who have listened to MY needs. So as the surgery would be major and all lymph nodes need to be removed I have chosen to take Letrozole and they have agreed to a three month trial to see how much shrinkage occurs to make surgery easier.

it’s my left breast and arm and I am totally left handed! I’m 75 and have a lovely life so I’m not sure that I will actually go forward to have the surgery and radiotherapy that they are suggesting. 

After only 6 weeks taking the oestrogen blocker the tumour in my breast has shrunk and a scan at 3months will enable the Surgeon and me to see exactly how much shrinkage there is. 

i have done a systematic review of all the research pertaining to my situation and read the peer reviewed research. My GP , my lovely partner, my daughters and grandchildren all support me in the million I will refuse surgery as it will involve huge life changing things from day one and continuing.  I like the look of the outcomes without surgery as I want to live and have fun now and if I get five years then that will be dandy. Who know what the future brings anyway!

Has anyone else made such dynamic decisions? 

• Hi SNP

Not had to make such a decision but well done you for not just going with the flow so to speak.. fingers crossed the surgery (if you decide to have it) will be much less drastic… 

wishing you well for your treatment x