Diagnosed 20th December

• 2 replies
  • 267 subscribers

the 20th of December I was told I have breast cancer.It's not confirmed what sort yet as I've not had my follow up meeting, but the consultant thinks it may be ibc with reactive axilla nodes. Awaiting biopsy results 

My meeting is not until the 11th of Jan, obviously I'm very worried & really don't know what to expect treatment wise. I'm so scared.

I was so shocked when I found out that I couldn't take in any of the information.

I'm holding off telling family and children before I know what my treatment will involve.

Would really appreciate some honest information from people who have been there about what to expect and how quickly the treatment starts.

x

Update 

I was asked to come back to clinic for a skin punch biopsy as it's looking likely that my bc is inflammatory, with pain and a sore rashy breast. 

I start chemo on the 26th of Jan, which feels like an age away.

Can anyone advise on what over the counter meds I can take for the pain my breast. I've tried paracetamol, ibuprofen & antihistamine, but nothing seems to be touching it. Any advice would be appreciated.

PrayHeart️

️

• I’m so sorry that you have been diagnosed with breast  cancer. Not knowing what is ahead is tough and scary. I suspect once the team has as much info about the cancer they will be able to discuss the treatment plan. One thing I’ve learnt from my experience is that the treatment plan is fluid and can change as more information is gathered. I waited to tell my kids until I also had a good amount of information to share with them. I also told the school so that they could support my younger daughter. In terms of time frames agin that is also fluid. I can tell you that my initial diagnosis was mid September and I’m only 3 weeks post surgery. So for some things are pretty straightforward and for others not so straightforward. 
    I am unable to advise about medication and would suggest you contact your team or the helpline on here as they are better placed to advise,

Best wishes 

• Hi, sorry to hear you,re in some pain and discomfort and I know it's hard at times to get hold of your medical team. Don't forget you can always chat to the lovely people here at Macmillan by calling them on 0800 808 0000 and they will be happy to support. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge