I have to undergo surgery again

• 3 replies
  • 245 subscribers

Hello everyone, I have just joined this forum in search of comfort, even though I am not a native speaker, and I am using a translator to express myself as best as I can. I had surgery this summer with a radical mastectomy and immediate reconstruction with implants. The oncologist I saw a month ago wanted to reanalyze the biopsy taken before the surgery, which had shown positive results for lymph nodes. However, the one they removed during the surgery was negative. Now, the oncologist told me this morning that the result of the initial biopsy (which was reanalyzed) is correct, meaning I have infected lymph nodes. Tomorrow, I have an appointment with the new surgeon because they want to perform another operation. Honestly, I don't know what to think. Has anyone had similar experiences and can help me understand? I am feeling very discouraged. Thank you.

• This is confusing but there must have been a reason to reanalyse them. I knew I had a problem with a lymph node. After a Covid jab it became enlarged and painful. This was one of the 3 sings of BC I had. They took out 30 lymph nodes and found it in one. It is very traumatic to face this again but what choice do you have. We have to believe them. 

Im not in the same situation but just thought I would explain what happened to me, in the spirit of being helpful. 

Purple heartPray

• Thank you for your response, I am very sorry for what happened to you. This morning I went to the surgeon, and he confirmed what I suspected, that they want to perform axillary lymph node dissection. When I had the mastectomy this summer, the lymphography showed only 3 positive lymph nodes. I know that removing all lymph nodes, besides being very invasive, can also cause issues like lymphedema. I really don't know what to do; I think I will contact the surgeon who performed my mastectomy. Sweat