Seroma

• 15 replies
  • 266 subscribers

I had a mastectomy last Friday and I have noticed a slight sloshing noise from near my wound. I have read about seroma and have been told that it is pretty common but is the sloshing noise usual and how long have others had it for ?

TIA 

JJ

• wow that’s quite a bit they drained off. I can imagine it feels so much better now for you.

Mine seems to be easing, can still feel it but don’t think it’s enough to drain. The nurse said some surgeons don’t like to drain if it’s not prominent and causing pain for too much discomfort so I’m just seeing if mine will reabsorb 

• I hope they can find a way to get rid of it permanently for you 

• Thank you. So do I. Have another appointment on Thursday 

• Hope you are feeling better and your body absorbs the fluid fully. I understand the relief you felt. Keep wearing your post operative bra's both day and night as they do help with. 
  • Hi I have a seroma in back where they too LDoris for my reconstruction I had surgrey 8th June had seroma drained 1st time 600ml then another few times before I was taken back into hospital got pigtail drain in and 960 ml drained that day then another 700ml I’m still having problems I’m hoping it will absorb they say it can take up to a year saw consultant Friday she said she might need to take me back to theatre if it dosent absorb, hope your seroma heals soon. Take care