Warts and all!

• 13 replies
  • 268 subscribers

Has anyone else had huge outbreak of warts after breast cancer treatment.  I’m 4 months post radiotherapy and now covered in the damn things.  Hundreds of them,  flat and white and itchy as hell.  Saw my GP early July and she thought radio dermatitis, then fungal infection and latest diagnosis is seborrheic keratosis.  I’m not convinced…I think perhaps some viral thing taking over as my immune system probably a bit low.   I have everywhere apart from soles of feet and hands.  The joys the joys!   I’ve been told to stay out of the sun, use factor 50 and come back after the summer and they’ll freeze the biggest ones off.   

• could be hives?  i would call and ask, 4 months is a long time for such a reaction but maybe its something else you are allergic to

maybe not as keritosis diagnosis but odd for such a late reaction, did you try calamine?

• They’re there constantly.  I’ve had antihistamines, steroid cream, anti fungal tablets and cream…no joy.  The keratosis was diagnosed by a dermatologist that I paid for privately but I’m not too convinced.   He didn’t do any skin scrapes or the like, just looked, shook his head, gave his diagnosis and took my money.  I’m going back to my own GP on Friday, let’s see what she says.

• sorry to hear, hope they get to the source, skin issues are so misunderstood and then we are given steroids 

altho the chemo cleared my psoriasis nicely

• If anything the steroid cream made it worse, had me on 10% strength latterly….glad to hear your chemo had a welcome side effect x

• Can you see a dermatologist?  So many skin things look similar but treatment is different.  I don’t think warts are itchy.  Hope you get a diagnosis and treatment soon as the itching is terrible!!  Hugs to you.

1.  I attached picture of seborrheic dermatitis.  https://www.rxlist.com/collection-of-images/seborrheic_keratosis_picture/pictures.htm

Barbara

Barbara 

• Hi there, I’ve seen a dermatologist but not convinced with his diagnosis.   Looking at link you sent, looks closest to verruca plana?   Definitely itchy itchy but we’re in the middle of summer in Spain, it’s all a bit sweaty here.   Think that’s irritating it.  

• How is your vitamin d level?  Read there could be a link with low vitamin D and seborrheic dermatitis.  
    Barbara

Barbara 

• I’ve not had it tested since February when it was fine.  Maybe time for a new blood test?  I take a multi vitamin every day.  The only thing that has changed is that I’ve been put on statins as my cholesterol is high. I’ve asked if this could cause it but they say not?  I did try coming off for 10 days to see if it made a difference but no change.

• Ochno, did you ever resolve your skin issues?

• Hi there, not quite in the way I expected.   Tests came back inconclusive so I just lived with it for a while.  My cancer came back rather unexpectedly just 3 months after getting all clear after first mammogram.  Stage 4 with lung mets, I’m on heavy duty chemo which has stopped the rash and seems to be holding lungs stable so far.  Still no idea what caused it.