Anastrazole and tingling in fingers

• 10 replies
  • 271 subscribers

After starting on Anastrazole in June I have had tingling in the tips of my fingers on both hands. This started straight after I started taking the pills. Has anyone else had this? Is it something to be worried about? Compared to some side effects it doesn’t seem too much of an issue but worried it might extend to other parts of my body. It does seem to be extending down my fingers over time.

I have had a grade 3 tumour which has been treated with 2 WLEs and radiotherapy. 

Any advice would be most welcome! 

• hiya I'm about to start these, be interested in any replies! is that the only side effect so far? feeling a tad apprensive x

• Hello,  I checked on medication and it is not a real common side effect but tingling of hands and feet can happen.  I would notify your Doctor and see what he says.  I have been on anastrazole for about 3 months and my strange symptom is extremely dry mouth at night.  I wake up and feel my lips stuck together and my mouth so dry.  Strange but tolerable.  Good luck Jane.  
    I had DCIS right breast and Stage 1 invasive breast cancer in left so double lumpectomy and radiation to both little boobs.  Now on anastrazole as both cancers were Estrogen and progesterone positive 100%.  We will make it Jane.  I am 73 and actually my worst time with breast cancer has been all the emotional ups and downs.  Every time I read about someone that has to make tough decisions etc I can feel their emotions.  
    Barbara

Barbara 

• Thank you. Yes, there are a whole list of side effects but the tingling isn’t listed. Will try and see my GP and see what he says. My oncologist hadn’t come across it before. It’s not really a problem unless it is a precursor to something more serious.

• I had it but two months in its okay. Hopefully it will settle xx

• I started Anastrazole November 2023. I have the numbness in my fingers also.  Very dizzy first week but now only occasionally.. I have hot flashes everyday and night. I am 72 years old.

• I have been on Anastrazole since August 2023 and so far have had no side effects. x

• Yes it’s the emotional ups and downs! I’m 75 and bipolar ( well managed exercise is my medication)  I agree that I feel sensitive to other people’s decisions too and so unsure about trusting myself in my decision to just take letrozole and refuse the surgery which will alter the way I live hugely as I have 3 tumors in my left lymph nodes so all would need to be removed plus a lumpectomy and I’m left handed.and anyway even though full body scan shows no other problems lymph is systemic so chances are it will be elsewhere too just not visible. Five years would be great! 

• Oh I have hot flashes day and night too.  I am 75 and gee wish it would go away.  I live in Florida so summers are brutal with the heat and humidity!!  Ugh

Barbara 

• Hi there,

I am experiencing the same thing,my hands also cramp up at night and feel swollen and sore, my oncologist has said it could be a side effect from chemo,I finished chemo in July and had no problems whilst having chemo,its just since I started the anastrozole...I'm also experiencing the same feeling in my feet but its not as bad....I also get joint pains particularly in my legs...x