After effects of radiotherapy

• 49 replies
  • 257 subscribers

Looking for feedback on how long after effects can last. My last RT was 27th April and my breast is still tender, hot, and nipple is super sensitive.  I'm also 4 months into Tamoxifen and suffering night and day sweats, causing broken sleep.  I have an appointment with oncology soon to check all is as it should be. 

• Hello,  I finished my radiation in April 18th and feeling good.  I had to wait 3 weeks after radiation to do anything more than walking for exercise so glad to have the freedom now.  My breasts feel good now and I have been doing breast massage every day and scar massage twice a day.  My radiation oncologist told me to do breast massage every day for 6 months .   I had talked to him about fibrosis and pain etc.  I used to have zinger type nerve pain but since doing massage daily no problem.  It really helps me.  I will see if I can find the information in breast massage that I saw on YouTube.  It showed technique and also gave more information.  Let me know if you are interested.  
    Barbara

Barbara 

• I'm sorry to tell you that I still have swelling now, 7 months after radiotherapy. I've been seen by the late effects clinic who have shown me some massage techniques aimed at draining the fluid by moving it in the lymph nodes. I must say, it’s better than a few months ago as now I can sleep on my effected side, for ages that was too painful, so I am improving slowly. Best wishes 

Community Champion badge

• Thanks for replying.  I'll have a look on YouTube for ' how to'. 

• Thanks for replying. I'll have a try at breast massage , hope it helps.  It's a long road. 

• Hi Barb i would be interested in the breast massage as i have got radiotherapy coming up and really need to get this right can you advise on cream used as well please x

• Hi I finished one week ago and the rash redness burning hot itching is driving me insane, I’ve tried, gels, creams, cold compress, puricel from the hospital am in antihistamine and taking Anastrozole and my night sweats are unreal, I can’t sleep wake every couple of hours end up walking round the house. Nothing seems to help. I only hope it gets better for you and me !!!

• Thank you me 2 goodluck x

• Bless you it's so hard think that treatment done and along come the side effects from it all. 

I finished RT over 3 weeks ago and the redness and itching is easing. I don't know if you tried Aloe Vera gel the natural one from the fridge it did help soothe itching. I now have real tightness in my arm pit so lots of massaging going on. 

I am on Letrozole started 2 months ago and joint pain is worst at night but tolerable, just wait for next thing but try to stay on the up. Hope things improve soon for youThumbsupHeart️

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uRlGXeOcJno

Hello,  I have trouble getting this to you but Wil send you all other information in a separate mail.  

Barbara 

• Hi 

my radium finished last Friday. So early days for me but the itching and sensitivity around the nipple is driving me crackers. It’s still  hot to the touch too and very lumpy. I’m hoping the 2 weeks will start relieving it. 
    I have a meeting with oncologist in 2 weeks so will speak to her if it’s still the same 

X