1st ECT infusion Thursday 28th

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 248 subscribers

Hi I hope i know how to use this forum lol

Im 36 and have IDC and lymph inclusion grade 3 (i hope that is the correct terms) They are aiming to shrink the 4cm cancer in my sideboob down then do a lumpectomy (i think)

Anyway im about to chop off my near bum length hair before i start chemo so i can donate it to the little princess trust. Im not fussed about loosing my hair as ive always wanted an excuse to shave my head. lol 

Just thought id poke my head into the forum and say hello. Hello lol

Im not looking forward to the inevitable sick feeling im going to feell but if it kills the cancer then i cant complain.

I hope you are all having a bearable day Xx

• Hi

A big hello back

We are a very large and friendly group of people all here to help support you through this. It looks like you do know how to use this forum Wink but if you ever get stuck with anything then just shout and someone will give you a hand. Have a look around, we have some long-running threads for chat-style support and you are welcome to join in those, and of course answer posts and create your own. We have a few different sections, but there are no hard and fast rules, just join in wherever and whenever you feel comfortable. It can be a pretty fast-moving group sometimes as there are a lot of us but we'll always try to help whenever we can - if ever you don't a reply, it might be that your post has dropped off the first page and you can always bump it back up by replying to your own post - it goes to the top of the list again then.

You might like to check out the breast cancer chemo thread if you haven't already - it's a place for everyone going through treatment to get together and share tips and advice

Donating your hair is a great thing to do - and to be thinking of others as you go through this is admirable.

Although you may well experience some nausea, you will be given drugs to help with the side effects and do keep a list of the ones you experience and tell your onco team. They really don't want you to suffer and will give you whatever they can to minimise the side effects. they have some excellent anti-nausea drugs but don't give them out routinely as they are expensive, but they will prescribe them when people are suffering so never keep quiet about your side effects.

Hope chemo is kind to you

R