In complete shock and feel so scared

• 8 replies
  • 249 subscribers

On Friday I had it confirmed I have breast cancer.I

have 3 lumps which are in total around 8cm so its a large area. It's been suggested I have a mastectomy followed by radiotherapy. I am devastated and in complete and utter shock. I have an appointment on PensiveTuesday to discuss it all further with the consultant. I can't believe this is happening, I love my boobs, the one thing I actually like about my body. Anyone else feeling the same? Pensive

• Hi Mcfarla,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I was diagnosed on 14th Jan and it is stiil feel unreal. I am sure when we star our treatment we feel better. Breast cancer is treatable these days. Take care xx

• It feels so surreal like it's not really happening!

So sorry about your diagnosis ibhope your ok and have support around you. 

Do you know when you'll start you'll treatment? 

Sending love and  hugs xx

• I will see my oncologist next Tuesday. I am hoping they start tratment soon. I am really worried cancer may spread further. It doesnt seem it has spread to nodes but if they delay treatment it may do. Mine is stage 1 but grade 3 tumor which is aggresive. 

• Oh I really hope all is ok and that it hasn't spread! Keeping everything crossed for you xxx

• Hi Mcfarla, 

I was diagnosed with breast cancer on 5th October last year, they also couldn’t see anything in my nodes. They suggested a single mastectomy but I pushed for a double. Like you I loved my boobs and as my bmi is over 30 (new covid guideline) I was not eligible for immediate reconstruction which I am now happy about. 
    I know it’s personal experience but I don’t mind my flat chest at all I know later on I will have a reconstruction but I was so scared and turns out it wasn’t overly bad. 

im sorry you find yourself where none of us want to be x x 

• Hi Mcfarla, I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis, please stay strong, I am thinking about you and sending you lots of love xx

• Hi

So sorry to hear this - I know it's such a shock. It will take time to process, just take it step by step.

Sending hugs for your appointment tomorrow!

R

• Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, yes it  is scary.  I was told today I have 2 lumps and it has gone to the lymph node. I have  scan and MRI on wed and hopefully it hasn't spread.  Then chemo will begin. Its a road we have no choice but to travel down and I am scared because this is something I never imagined happening to me. Does anyone!  There is alot of love an support out there you are not alone. Sending you a hug take care x