Her2

• 5 replies
  • 485 subscribers

Can anyone advise how long to expect to wait for Her2 results.

It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since biopsies done and no follow up from the hospital.

• Hi Margo1209, sorry to hear you have had such a long wait for results. It probably differs with each hospital, I only waited 2 weeks for my HER2 results. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer. Have you contacted your breast care nurse to ask to chase this up for you.?

• Thank you.

I have asked my breast care nurse if the results are back yet.

• Mine did take a bit longer. The hospital tested them and they were borderline. They sent them across to another site and they came back negative. I think it was about 5 weeks. However, after they removed the tumour and sent that off for testing , that then came back as HER2 positive.

• Hi Margo1209

My Her2 results took a bit longer as they were borderline and had to have further testing - from biopsy to results was just short of 5 weeks.

Hopefully your breast care nurse will have some news soon x

• Mine were back after 2 weeks but I didn't get given them my a consultant for three weeks. They were clearly positive though, so maybe it was a but quicker. I am learning in this process that you have to be quite proactive. I would keep ringing through your nurse, just make sure they dont need chased. When you do get them push for treatment to start quickly since it has been a long wait for results, especially if you find they are positove for HER2. The NHS has guidelines that any cancer patient should start treatment 31 days from "decision to treat" which I think is probably from the first time your cancer diagnosis was discussed in MDT. I pushed for that and didn't get it but I think I got started sooner than I otherwise would have.