Hello

• 6 replies
  • 483 subscribers

Hi, 

Not really good at this stuff, basically I had surgery for breast cancer at the beginning of the year, followed by radiotherapy, it's been a bit of a roller coaster journey but all is now good and I'm on tamoxifen.

But before that I had a sort of lump in my neck (an ultrasound didn't show anything last year) and recently I have had an appointment and an mri, I was booked in for a follow up which had to be postponed until March so I assumed all was OK, however last week I got a call asking me to come in this week, and now I'm over thinking things.... Has this kind of thing happened to anyone else?

Thanks for reading. 

• Hi Clara2024

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.  They could have had a cancellation and decided to recall you earlier than expected.  Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Wishing you the best of luck with your appointment.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Daisy53

Thank you, I guess I'm just a bit of an over thinker. Hope you're doing ok. 

Clara2024

• Hi Clara2024,

I had a lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed five months ago, have recently finished my radiotherapy and have now been told I am clear. I am also on Letrozole for five years.

A few weeks before my original radiotherapy, I had a planning scan (which is the norm), two weeks later got a call to ask me to return as they had found another enlarged lymph node. I had to have another ultrasound and three biopsies, but thankfully all were clear and my radiotherapy went ahead.

I know it’s easier said then done, but try not to think to far ahead as it will only stress you out. A positive frame of mind is important, dump the negativity as it does you no good. Try and do things to relax and take your mind off what’s going on, I put hot water in a bowl and add a few drops of lavender oil in it and place it in the living room/bedroom  and it really helps. You may also benefit from listening to a meditation podcast, I use one called ‘Go Gently’ by Christine Elizabeth Smith which is very easy going relaxes you. I also go for walks and do a daily diary, this is great as it’s a way of getting every off your chest and out of your system.

Please also remember you can contact Macmillan 0808 808 0000, or visit your nearest centre (a list is on here) who are mega helpful and you get great support on here too.

Feel free to chat here at anytime, we’re all in this together.

Love and big hugs.xxx

• Hi Boobybabe2

Thanks for your message, sorry you've had a rough year too, but pleased to hear you're all clear now. 

Had my appointment this morning, now booked for a panendoscopy under general sometime in next few weeks as they're still unsure what's going on. They didn't seem too worried just ruling things out I guess so that's good.

I'd never had an anaesthetic until my cancer op this year so all a little new still. 

I used to have a lavender spray, that's a good idea, thanks. Got to get my positive pants on and get on with it. 

Take care and big hugs back

Clara2024 

• I am thanks Clara2024.

Community Champion Badge

• Hi, 

Hope you're doing ok. Just thought I'd update you... Hope that's alright. 

Was due for my panendoscopy but they had to postpone due to illness, I did however discover whilst I was there that I'm on the 2 week pathway thing, so now I'm not sure what to think?

Guess I'll find out soon enough. 

Does anyone know if I'm right to think it's more likely to have a second cancer once a first is diagnosed? Or are they just super cautious with anything not quite right....

Thanks for reading x