Just home

• 3 replies
  • 485 subscribers

So just home from double mastectomy with reconstruction..diagnosis to today has only been 8 weeks and my head is spinning..now its done and I'm at home recovering..bit sore but surprised how I'm managing the pain..I'm just sat here not knowing how to feel..very strange situation..

• Hi Lloydy

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer.  There is no right or wrong way to feel about the situation, just take things one day at a time.

Wishing you the best of luck with whatever comes next for you.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Lloyd,

I’m sorry to hear you are going through this, but glad you have reached out on the forum. I am recovering from breast cancer surgery and first up, you must give yourself some days to recover and get on your feet.

When you feel up to it, do go for a walk each day even if only for half an hour, exercising is important, but no need to overdo it. I also write a daily diary, which I find mega helpful as it helps you get things off your chest and out of your system. Please also get a support structure in place, family, friends, good work colleagues as you can’t do this on your own. I also listen to a meditation podcast and find this really helps me to relax, especially before I go to sleep.

I do hope this helps and please be kind to yourself, you have been through a lot. I send my good wishes for a speedy recovery.

love and hugs.xx

• Oh goodness! All at the same time? I'm still waiting for my assigned surgeon to schedule my first mastectomy. 

I hope you'll keep us posted how you are doing. You're in my thoughts and prayers now, Lloydy, as is this whole community. As Daisy53 said, one day at a time.