Triple negative breast cancer

• 2 replies
  • 484 subscribers

Hi Im new to this. I was diagnosed in Sept with triple negative breast cancer , & have undergone 16 up front treatments of chemotherapy. I have just had a mastectomy, Dr wanted me to have a lumposcomy as the cancer had shrunk. I am struggling coming to terms with it  all ,  I am on prozac now as I am suffering PTSD . I keep getting flashbacks of chemo. & the awful taste in my mouth. It all happened so quick, It turned my life upside down, & i can't seem to find my way out of this black hole. I feel alone, the hospital is no help at all . 

• Hi EJD

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you were diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer.  What you are feeling is perfectly natural. Have you thought of having counselling? If it’s something you would be interested in doing you can ring the Macmillan helpline on 0808 808 00 00 and they can arrange 6 weeks of counselling for you through BUPA or if you have a  Maggie’s centre or another cancer centre near you, you can either give them a ring or call in to arrange counselling.

i had counselling after my diagnosis for triple negative nearly four years ago and I found it a help.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge