Biopsy Results

• 24 replies
  • 460 subscribers

Hi,

I'm new and feeling a bit of a fraud because I haven't got a diagnosis but I'm trying to find others who are also struggling to cope with the wait for results.  I went for a follow-up appointment after a routine mammogram and had a further mammogram, ultrasound and core biopsy to investigate suspicious micro calcifications all on the same day two weeks ago but I'm told it will be at least another week before I hear the results.  I know that's not a long time but I keep working myself up to hear the news and then get a call t say that it will be another week. Would love to hear from others with a similar experience. Thanks 

• Hi AileenF

Welcome to the forum and I M sorry to hear that you are waiting on a breast cancer diagnosis. No need to feel like a bit of a fraud as many ladies come on here before being diagnosed The wait for results can be frustrating but once you know what your are facing things should start to improve.

Wishing you the best of luck with your results.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi 

I am also waiting for results do u calfications it us a very worrying time dud they put a marker in .xx I just try and keep with my normal routine but it's always there in my mind xx I hope you don't have to wait much longer xx

• Hi Daisy, I`m also new to this, unfortunately, a bit more advanced than you as I had a lumpectomy already.

I had to wait almost 2 months for my biopsy results, my first follow-up appointment was cancelled due to staff shortage.

After that they moved pretty fast, 3 weeks later I had the lumpectomy, 2 months later I`m almost healed but unfortunately I`m waiting for a second surgery in a month from now as they found a margin with precancerous cells Disappointed

I`ll probably have radiotherapy sometime in July so it`s a long process Disappointed

I really hope your lump is not cancerous and you won`t need to go through all this Slight smile

Take care and please keep us updated :)

• Hi, they tried to place a marker but it came straight out because of the bleeding.  She said that she'd left some calcifications behind so that would act as a marker.  I had no idea what this meant and she didn't explain.  I try to keep busy with work but am struggling with sleep as my thoughts keep returning to the possible outcomes.  I hate the lack of information and the fact that it's completely out of my control.  Hope you get good news xx

• Hi AileenF,

I had a lumpectomy nearly three weeks ago and two lymph nodes removed. It is a shock when you are told and it is important you take a bit of time to let it register and sink in.

You have made the first big step by finding the Macmillan site, also do visit your nearest Macmillan centre, a list is on here, they are superbly helpful and give you lots of great info, do walks, talks and lots more. Please also get a good support structure in place, family, friends, good work colleagues, I’ve lived on my own for nigh on forty years, but realised you can’t do this on your own. I also go for a short walk every day (British weather permitting) and do a daily diary, this is mega helpful, as it gets everything off your chest and out of your system.

If your mind is wondering at night or anytime, listen to some meditation podcasts, they helped me immensely to relax and go off to sleep - I use one called ‘Go Gently’ by Christina Elizabeth Smith, it’s easy to listen to and calming.

I know it’s hard sometimes, but try and keep as positive as possible can, have positive people around you and dump the negativity. You are not alone and can always come and chat to us shower in here.

Take care and big hugs.

• This is the hard part the waiting am keeping busy working if there is something can deal with that it's just the not knowing I hope it all OK for u xxx

• Yes I had calcification too and had to have a right sided masectomy but it all different grades of dcis in otherwise could have had lumpectomy good thing is all cancer removed so try to not worry as this is normally a early breast cancer

• Hi, 

This is my first time posting. I just received the  definite diagnosis of breast cancer over the phone on Thursday. I was in such a state for the 9 days between my first appointment where I had my mammograms, ultrasound and biopsies. I was c told what to expect and c getting told I had best cancer. Actually, that's a lie.. I was just about ok until I was sent for an unrelated chest xray as I've had issues breathing and it showed a shadow on my lung. It was then I realised that this could be even more serious than it already was and I felt in total limbo. I didn't want to leave the  house.

Now though I've recieved my diagnosis and I'm much calmer. That unknown is truely awful  (I couldn't eat and thought about it ALL of the time) but now we can start to make  plans, have appointments, find out more etc. My first appointment is Wednesday.

I had no idea how i   was going to be able to tell my children (14 year old twins, one of which has autism) but it was a relief to finally be honest with them. Since Friday (got the call very late on Thursday afternoon) I've been contacting family, friends, the kids school, kids clubs etc... That'll keep me busy until the  appointment on Wednesday! 

Keep strong and you'll get there... The not  knowing and  waiting was actuality worse than  hearing the diagnosis for me. 

• Hi hope u doing OK what other treatment did u have. Its a worrying time waiting for the results. How long did u have to wait from being told u had it to yr treatment ect xxx