Hi new to here!

• 17 replies
  • 458 subscribers

hello I'm new to the group. I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. I'm still processing it. I was doing ok but it's sinking in this week. Trying to remain positive while I come to terms with this diagnosis. 

• That sounds really good. I can imagine struggling without a shower too!! I love a long hot shower to get rid of the aches and pains!! I was thinking of getting a V pillow too. Good to hear the operation and SNB  went well. Wishing you wellxx

• Thank you , it's lovely to have these lovely messages. I'm feeling a bit more calmer about facing it all now .  I have been told it probably be a week of radiotherapy after the op and sentinel node biopsy. I will also go on hormone therapy afterwards. It's a whole new world but I'm learning so much from this forum. Thanks for your support and virtual hugsxx

• Thank you so much. I was wondering about how long it will be till I can drive again. All positive vibes xx

• Hello,

I’m new to the group too and had a lumpectomy and lymph node biopsy nearly two weeks ago. Still processing the diagnosis to be honest and haven’t had all the tests results back yet so all a bit unknown. I find it helps to keep my mind busy because if I start thinking about it too much my anxiety levels go up massively. 
    After surgery I bought a v pillow and slept sooo much better! 
    I haven’t driven for 12 days but will when I feel safe and comfortable enough :-) 

best wishes for your treatment xx 

• Hi Poppy . I’ve had the same as you , a few days behind you , I think .

v pillows are amazing !

ive been trying to get out for a coffee or lunch every day . Yesterday I managed to do 9k steps and it made a massive difference to my mood and sleep last night .

im hoping to get the go ahead to drive this week , will be 12 days since my op Fingers crossed

Slso going to afk about work . I have a job at a computer , so I’m worried about cording and lymphoedema of my arm if k go back too soon Cry.

Happy Easter everyone ! X

• Hi klf

Happy Easter! X 

Your employer should be able to make some reasonable adjustments for you, but don’t go back too soon. It’s important to keep mobile and follow the exercise sheet if you were given one. 

• My employer is really understanding , I have a physio appointment 12rh April , so I guess I’ll see what they say Fingers crossed