20 years later and diagnosed again with breast cancer

• 7 replies
  • 458 subscribers

Was diagnosed at 32 with breast cancer and again at 53. 

Not sure really how I feel. Haven't really taken it in board this time round like I had before. I guess I'm in denial. 

Can't believe this has happened again after all this time. 

Anyone else experienced this at all? 

• Hello.  So sorry to hear your news.  It must have really knocked your confidence after so long being clear.  Awake  thread more active and there's a lady in there just had surgery for a recurrence. To join thread navigate to last post by hitting >> and just reply to last post.  

Is your a recurrence or new primary? 

• This is a new primary. 

• Hi Nibble

Welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with breast cancer again. I was first diagnosed with breast cancer nearly for years ago in my left breast. Then last year I was diagnosed with a new breast cancer in my right breast.. I had a lumpectomy and a node taken during surgery which was cancerous. I had chemo and radiotherapy and finished treatment about a month ago.

Wishing you the best of luck with whatever comes next for you.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Daisy53

Thanks for sharing your journey.  

I did wonder if I was on my own Shrug♀️ glad your at the end of your journey.  I wish you well and can continue enjoying your life and family and what's ahead. Positive thoughts are sent your way Thumbsup

• Hi,  I too was diagnosed last year, same breast after 31 years! First they said a new primary, but changed to recurrence. Had a mastectomy, all good so far, it had not spread.

• Hi Casmo

Wow 31 years. Good news that it hasn't spread. Hope your coping ok, still challenging in itself to have had a mastectomy. I had the same 20 years ago.